Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Making lists makes me happy.

I am a little bit OCD. Ok, I am a lot OCD. And I make lists about everything. What I need to do today. What I want to do today. What I want to do this week. What I need to buy at the store. What I want to cook in college. This is my most recent list obsession. I have spent the last week trying to come up with things that I am capable of cooking for myself while out at school. I've been on my own at school for 2 years, mostly successfully, but have thus far survived by eating PB&J, canned soup, and hot pockets almost exclusively. I have recently realized that I would enjoy living past the age of 25, and my current dietary habits are not in agreement with this. So, loyal readers (mom), any suggestions for meals that are relatively quick and healthy? Keep in mind that I have the cooking expertise of a 7 year old boy. My roommate last year was mildly horrified at my remedial cooking skills- I had to ask my mom how to boil an egg. The shame. I do not have a domestic bone in my body, but I am trying desperately to hone the skills that will some day enable me to stop calling my mom everytime I cook. So. This is my mission:
1. Cook twice a week. (I know that sounds like nothing, but it is huge compared to my previous habit of cooking biannually)
2. Not get food poisoning from my homemade meals.
3. Not get fat from my culinary creations.

Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. i make a fantastically delicious chinese chicken salad which is pretty good for you. we make it like at least once a week lol. =) you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the wrong person to ask. I survived college on fruit loops and macaroni and cheese. (we didn't even have microwaves then) but if I were to do it all again the healthy choice microwave meals are a really good fairly healthy for 1 person meal. But I realize you want to learn to cook so... na I got nothing. I'll have to check out my recipies. (By the way, this is Kenna, Katelynn is using my google account to blog for school so it say her name.)

    ReplyDelete